The Nigerian Bottling Company Limited
Job Level Manager (Staff Supervisor/Head of Department)
Specialization Supply Chain / Procurement
Job Type Full-Time
Minimum Qualification Degree
Preferred Years of Experience 10 - 15 years
Application Deadline Monday
* Ensure the execution of SC Strategy for transportation and manage the day to day transport operations.
* Participates in the process of choosing external providers in all tenders.
Develop transportation plans at optimum cost.
* Supports Planning, Warehouse and Sales department on a daily basis and according to their requests and needs.
*Identifies trade-off opportunities with other supply chain activities while exploring operational and technical sides of the business processes
* Develop and ensure the implementation of all transport processes and procedures
* Analyze the supply and demand of transport resources, analyse the performance and quality requirement for transport activity.
* Ensure BP commitments on budget and headcount are delivered.
* Ensure that transport plans and service delivery meet customers' expectations
* Ensure cost control through continuous monitoring of transportation activities
* Coach team members and ensure the development of local team members.
* Bring/Share knowledge from inside and outside the CCHellenic system and actively share within the department.
* Ensure the proper training of Haulage team in order to assure the business continuity and the proper succession plan
Supports knowledge and skills development of his/her subordinates. Committed to preparation and execution of training plan and IDPs within Department
* Establish a working environment with clear roles and accountabilities for all team members
*Address poor performance quickly and reward exceptional performance
* Ensure that the functional strategy is communicated clearly and all team members understand it
* Applies successive honest and objective standards towards the team and colleagues
* Establish strong relationships with key stakeholders in CC Hellenic and TCCC
* Establish and maintain strong relationships with service providers
Build up and takes care of all necessary relationships within Logistics, Country SC and Group Logistics teams to support planning and delivery of aligned function objective
* Build relationships with other functions to facilitate effective communication/ cooperation
Lives Company's purpose, vision, values and Code of Business Conduct.
Exploit new processes and opportunities that bring better results and lower cost at transportation area.
* Ensures the identification and implementation of best practices in transportation area through a constant bench-marking activity. Identify gaps and take Corrective Action Plans.
* Searches and analysis the market trends and uses that knowledge in supporting the Supply Chain Function, Exploit new processes and opportunities that bring better results and lower cost at transportation area.
* Ensures the implementation and diffusion of the Quality, H&S and Environmental regulations from the whole transportation team, in compliance with the law in force and the internal standards.
* Guarantee the proper management of all transport properties through definition, implementation and monitoring of specific policies, procedures and indicators for assuring efficiency and effectiveness in respect of Quality, H&S and environmental regulations.
* Actively supports and participates in company's initiatives in the area of environment protection, resources saving, community projects and charity initiatives.
* May undertake additional responsibilities and or projects relevant to the role and ensure a solid personal development.
Commits and complies with the Company's policies, procedures, processes and guidelines.
University degree relevant to Logistics and Supply Chain Management
University Degree 10 years working experience in Logistics and Supply Chain Management 3-5 years Managerial experience with 1-2 years in a similar environment,especially an FMCG company
MS Office, MS Excel
Intermediate, MS Word and Power Point
Experience in Projects Management
Budgeting and cost control
Experience with SAP and/or similar system
Eager willing to learn
Respect for others and diversity
Excellent communication and management skills
Specific Job Requirements:
Complex Supply Chain Function knowledge and experience
Has been exposed to best practices in the area of Logistics
Business processes knowledge and cross-functional thinking and alignment